Defining Truth In A World Of Untruth (TM 1963-2018)
The Bible is the Mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).
(The Mind is a terrible thing to waste).
Jesus Christ (Messiah/Yeshua) is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrew 12:2)
Welcome to Word of Truth Ministries. Our goal is the pursuit of Biblical Truths. Our emphasis is on the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (Messiah/Yeshua). Jesus Christ came in the flesh and is both God and man in one person forever. He is Sovereign yet subordinate. Christ was/is our example of genuine humility. Therefore Christology and Soteriology are the emphasis of this ministry. "For I am determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified" (1 Corinthians 2:2).
Word of Truth Ministries (WOTM) is a non-denominational Grace ministry. Our purpose is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, edify believers and defend the Faith.
God's Grace is manifested through His Son, Jesus Christ! We wish to reflect God's Grace, therefore every Bible Study on this site is available free of charge. "For we are not like many, peddling the Word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God" (2 Corinthians 2:17).
God's Eternal Plan and Purpose were ordained in Christ before the foundations of the world - before time, before history (John 17:5, 24; Romans 9:28-30; Ephesians 1:4-6). Throughout history God has provided and preserved His Holy Word so that we can know Him. God's Word is Truth. God's Word is written that we may know Jesus Christ, believe in Christ and have eternal life (1 John 5:13).
Truth exists in three Categories:
Divine Laws of Establishment - for believers and unbelievers
The Gospel of Salvation - for unbelievers
The Word of God - for believers
Integrity is loyalty to truth. Christian integrity is faithfulness to God.
"The sum of Thy Word is Truth, And every one of Thy Righteous ordinances is everlasting" (Psalms 119:160).
God's Truths anchor the soul. Bible Doctrine is the Gateway to Divine Power in your life.
"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God" (Romans 11:33a).
The depth of God's riches is the perception of knowledge (scripture). The depth of God's wisdom is the application of Scripture.
"How blessed is the man who finds wisdom...and gains understanding of the Lord" (Proverbs 3:13).
Scripture learning and metabolism prepares the believer for every circumstance in life. If you will daily, study God's Word you will not faint from life's adversities (Proverbs 24:10).
The Lord has a Plan and a purpose for you - the believer! Therefore, your first responsibility as a believer is to learn Bible Doctrine, which, by the Holy Spirit, keeps the believer moving onward to maturity. In Christ, you cannot move onward without moving upward.
What is Truth? To answer this question, let's surround Truth with a few explanations that help define it:
May your personal walk through fields of Grace be in Truth.
The "Terms And Definitions" (T&D) link is strongly recommended for every believer who desires to advance in Bible knowledge and mature as a believer. T&D defines many of the major Doctrines of Scripture. When you see a "term" or "word" in any study, that you are not familiar with go to "Terms & Definitions" for a definitive explanation. If you do not find one please let us know.
Happy Studying! "Peace be with you."
Thank you for visiting Word of Truth Ministries.
- Scripture Teaching and Bible Doctrine (as used and intended by this ministry) are synonymous terms.
- God's Word is the Word of Truth. Jesus Christ is the Word. Jesus Christ is Truth.
- Therefore, Truth is a Person - Jesus Christ! (John 14:6).
- The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are Absolute Truth.
- God inspired (breathed into the original writers) the Truth of Scripture.
- The word Inspired means breathed or breath.
- Life, light, energy, word, truth all derive from the same root word - breath.
- God breathed soul life into Adam and God breathes soul life into every human being at birth since Adam. God breathes life into all living forms. There is no life apart from God's breath. God, however is a Spirit and Spirits do not breathe as we do, so this is an interesting paradox in itself.
- The pursuit of truth is never ending because Truth is Eternal, therefore Truth is Absolute.
- "Thy Word is Truth." (John 17:17) Think on these truths.
- By understanding these Truths, we hope you are challenged to learn and apply God's Word.